Can I compost tea bags in Subpod?
Tea bags can be composted, but there are some things that you may like to take into consideration.
- the tea bag string can get caught in the aerator when you twist the aerator - not a problem, just a bit messy
- the label may not be compostable
- the string may be attached with staples (and not compostable)
- the tea bag may not be compostable if it is made of nylon or other non-compostable material
- you can pull the string and label off the tea bag (but be careful not to cut your finger on the staple when you pull)
- you can cut the string off the tea bag with scissors if you don't want the staple or string in your compost